Monday, February 9, 2009

Fixing my tie.

Fixing my tie.

It was Friday, late afternoon, when it was announced that a farewell party was prepared for one of my co-workers. For this party,I was told that I had to wear my business suit. It was a party in the middle of the ocean, on a cruise ship. So, I went running to the gifshop to buy something for my friend, and, on my way, to that place I met Erick, another friend of mine. As we talked, he reminded me about the dress code. Though I took this moment to inquire him, Erick, to help me with my tie. This is something that make me think when I go to formal parties because, it also gives me hard time to follow all the procedures to get it done, definitly. As my friend agreed, he offered me this help, we set time for the meeting in one of the public areas of the boat, twenty minutes before the party. Later on, he tried to show me how to get my tie done. I could not follow his oral instruction, because we neede a mirror, so we went into the nearest bathroom. When we got there, he stood behind me and taught me the procedures embracing my neck while explaining. It just happened that we were both doing the tie thing, when a Hindu guy entered the room and saw what he was doing. As he look surprised, he apologized and did not entered the room, he walked away and rapidly closing the door. Erick and I noticed his surprise and picked his missunderstanding. But still, my friend continued helping me with my tie. Soon, we left the restroom and met the guy outside, who still looked surprised as he also glanced at us with a suspictious manner letting us know that he thought that what we were doing was inapropriate. He went into the washroom and my friend and I waited for him, to come out, to explain about what he had seen from us, inside. After the explanation we all burst out and laugh loud noticing that there was a mismatch in our thought. After this event we started a friendhship with this Hindu guy who used to work as an accountant on the boat. As we all agreed that what did was not inapropriate we told other about the event and of course we got more laugh out of that because friends started playing jokes, we enjoyed.

1 comment:

  1. That could have turned out to be a very awkward problem but I am glad that you were able to become friends, and even make jokes out of it!

    ReplyDelete